FindMyInstrument™ Content Provider of Record
A FindMyInstrument™ Content Provider of Record (CPR) has a documented connection to at least one specific instrument and is one of a few related people who can speak on its behalf. At this time, eligible CPRs are the instrument’s maker or current owner.
Registering as a CPR is similar to obtaining a driver’s license. After uploading the required documents, FindMyInstrument™ will provide you with your unique CPR Identification Number. You will need this ID number to:
- Register instruments
- Update data on instruments for which you are the current CPR
Your personal data and your instrument data are separate, so you can review your account at any time to:
- Update your personal information as needed and/or
- Shield or unshield instrument information of instruments that you have registered
- FindMyInstrument™ CPR Registration: 50 USD per year to offset the cost of administering the registry
- Obtain FindMyInstrument™ Identification Number
- Register up to 10 instruments (lifetime limit); you may add additional instruments for a small processing fee per instrument (currently 4 USD)
- Update data on instruments that you previously registered or have power of attorney granted to you by their owner(s) of record
- Update data on currently registered instruments
Note: These registration fees are valid until June 30, 2023 and are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice to CPRs.
Your status as a CPR will last for a year before requiring renewal. We will notify you at the email address you registered with 30 days prior to the expiration date.
As an Individual:
- Personal identification document (such as a passport, driver’s license, or other valid, unexpired government-issued identification)
- Contact information
As an Institution (coming soon)
For more information contact us at info@FindMyInstrument.org